Take A Nap Y'all


It is perfectly okay to rest, BREATHE, take a break.


It is okay to not be working 24/7… it is okay to need a day off. It’s okay to take care of yourself. 

Psalm 46:10-11 - Passion Translation 

“Surrender your anxiety! Be silent and stop your striving and you will see that I am God. I am the God above all the nations, and I will be exalted throughout the whole earth.”

I love that this version says SURRENDER your anxiety. Just like everything else we do. It is a CHOICE that requires action. We decide to surrender, it is an intentional act every day. When it’s easy and when it isn’t. 

God created you on purpose for a purpose. As much as we think that means we have to continuously work and never take a breath, it simply isn’t true. In order to be the best we can be, we have to take time to rest. I mean come on… on the 7th day, what did God do? He rested. If the creator of the entire universe has time to rest… you do, too. Oftentimes, feeling like people can’t live for 5 seconds without us is nothing but pride disguised as a good work ethic. Learn to delegate things that can be delegated, learn to manage time so you can have time - There is nothing wrong with working hard, but there is something wrong with not taking care of yourself. 

God created Eve for Adam when Adam was…. resting. Not when he was out trying to do it all on his own or working himself sick, or trying to impress God… when he was resting. There is something beautiful about resting. God honors rest.

A while back God spoke to me that I was not just an employee to Him… I am His child. He doesn’t want to simply USE me, He wants to take care of me. He knows what you need and sometimes… it’s simply a nap. 

1 Kings 19 

King Ahab told Jezebel every thing Elijah had done and how Elijah had killed all the prophets with a sword. So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah, saying, “May the gods punish me terribly if by this time tomorrow I don’t kill you just as you killed those prophets.” When Elijah heard this, he was afraid and ran for his life, taking his servant with him. When they came to Beersheba in Judah, Elijah left his servant there. Then Elijah walked for a whole day into the desert. He sat down under a bush and asked to die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he prayed. “Let me die. I am no better than my ancestors.” Then he lay down under the tree and slept. Suddenly an angel came to him and touched him. “Get up and eat,” the angel said. 6 Elijah saw near his head a loaf baked over coals and a jar of water, so he ate and drank. Then he went back to sleep. Later the Lord’s angel came to him a second time. The angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat. If you don’t, the journey will be too hard for you.” So Elijah got up and ate and drank. The food made him strong enough to walk for forty days and nights to Mount Sinai, the mountain of God. 9 There Elijah went into a cave and stayed all night.

There is a popular post going around social media about this very part of the Bible that states “Never underestimate the spiritual power of a snack and a nap”…. I couldn’t agree more. 

Take care of yourself - STOP YOUR STRIVING as that verse said, and let God be God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Much Does Free Cost?

In The Waiting

Broken Worship